Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Careful… TPB – Review




Issue: Careful… TPB
Writer: Victor Carungi, Gentry Smith
Pencils: Yair Herrara
Gray Tones: Chris Allen
Letters: Brant Fowler
Cover Artist: Gentry Smith
Publisher: Paper Street Comics
Release Date: April 2012
Price: $11.99

“What if you could wish revenge on everyone who makes your life hell, and someone (or something) would do the dirty work for you?

When bullied Deacon learns the dark past of his small town Texas high school, he discovers a vengeful ritual used to wreak havoc on his enemies – like the school’s all-star quarterback.
 
But when Deacon wakes up covered in someone else’s blood, he realizes that the ritual was no childish game. And with every passing day the lines blur between the payback he envisioned and the revenge he’s committing.”

Dying Breath: 4.5 out of 5
Simple Simon, Your makin’ me start rhyming, Just to get some attention, For this awesome collection, Of an amazing Horror series, That is full of gore and mystery(s). That’s all I got folks goodnight! In all seriousness I told you when it came to the single issues that this mini was a MUST READ, and the story was not even finished yet. Well not that I have read it all, this book should be in your hands by the time you are done reading this review. I want to just say HOLY $#!+ and be done with it, but I can’t. The horror in this book is beyond great. I do have to admit that to me it was kind of obvious who the “bad guy” was, but I still had more fun than I should have reading it. Take a horror movie where people die in the most Awesome ways, now add to that a teenage drama about high school, then add to that a good detective cop film and then sprinkle on some Old Boy and you have Careful. The artwork was good, very consistent, but it really only shined in the GORE-Geous death scenes. That could easily be my thick-headed horror brain having a bias though. I just can’t get over how much I enjoyed this story. The pacing was great, the mixing of genres was fantastic, but it all got sealed with the ending being so bad ass. The only thing I have left to say on this is IT IS A MUST READ for fans of any genre. Go order it now.


Artwork: 4.0 out of 5 • Story: 4.5 out of 5


If you would like to buy or know more about Careful… TPB you can find it at http://www.paperstreetcomics.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment